A Spiritual CEO who is not holding back
In Denmark, being spiritual in the world of business is something you want to keep very private. It is taboo. But not for Erick Thürmer.
We were amazed when we first heard about Erick Thürmer. A friend had told us that Erick recently published his book called “The Spiritual CEO”.
In Denmark, being spiritual in the world of business is something you want to keep very private. It is taboo. But not for Erick, apparently! We reached out and had an hour long phone conversation with Erick, and became convinced that this is a story you will want to hear directly from the protagonist.
There is a lot to say about Erick’s credentials. Being a successful CEO, a frontrunner within 3D printing, a Singularity University alumni, member of several prestigious disruption boards, and a decisive advocate for women in board positions. With 70 talks last year there have been plenty of changes to experience Erick talking about his book, and his journey with the 122-year old family business, Thürmer Tools, that he is now bringing into the digital age.
But what really strikes us about Erick is some controversial and unusual decisions, and we believe many others would love to hear Erick tell about:
1) How did it come to be that Erick in one go fired his whole board, and instead asked his spiritual guide, Isabelle, to become Chairwoman and recruit a new 100% female board?
2) Some 25% of employees were also let go during the transformation. How did that happen, why was it necessary, and in what way does a spiritual CEO handle such situations?
3) Spiritual can mean many things to many people, what does it mean to Erick? And how is it seen in the way he does business, that he is ‘spiritual’?
4) Who is Isabelle, and how do they work together? Why have a spiritual guide, and not a mentor or a coach like ‘normal’ people?
5) Why write a book with such a provocative title? What does Erick hope to achieve, what motivates him to work so hard to spread his message, what world is he dreaming about?